2156 N Tripp Ave Chicago, IL 60639 (originally 1249 Tripp Ave.)
A carpenter with a growing family, Elias Disney decided to build a home and put down roots in Chicago. He purchased property on the southwest corner of Tripp Avenue on October 31, 1891.
On November 23, 1892, Elias obtained a permit to build a two-story, 18 x 28 foot wood cottage for $800. Flora, Elias’ wife, drew up the architectural plans and Elias built the house. In early 1893, the Disney family settled into their new home with their two sons, Herbert and Raymond. Shortly thereafter, their third son Roy, was born on June 24, 1893.
Walter Elias Disney was born on December 5, 1901, on the second floor and on December 6, 1903, the Disneys welcomed their fifth child, Ruth.
On February 10, 1906, Elias sold the property to Walter Chamberlain, moving his family to Marceline, Missouri.
In 1909 Chicago renumbered the houses on Tripp Ave. In 1991, Chicago attempted to designate the property as a historical landmark but the owner fought the designation and won, putting the home at risk of demolition.
some text from TheWaltDisneyBirthplace.org